Restructuring & Turnarounds
Restructuring involves reorganizing the legal, ownership, operational, or other structures of an organization for the purpose of:
- Making it more profitable
- Preparing the organization for a strategic transaction
- Optimizing its present resources, market, size, and capital
- Changing ownership or ownership structure
- Response to a crisis or major business such as bankruptcy, repositioning, or buyout
The advantage of having an independent, professional team lead the restructuring is that they are not married to the prior processes, products, and policies. An independent, professional team can focus 100% on the restructuring without the internal politics as well as the current executives having a full-time job within the organization.
Lakelet Advisory Group LLC is generally brought in by a new CEO or the Board of Directors after consistent miscommunications / results. Our restructuring efforts typically involve financing debt, post-merger opportunities, selling portions of the company to investors, preparing for a merger, and reorganizing or reducing operations.
Our financial restructuring process includes, but is not limited to:
- Ensuring the company has enough liquidity to operate during implementation of a complete restructuring
- Producing accurate working capital forecasts
- Providing clear, open lines of communication with creditors who mostly control the company's ability to raise financing
- Updating detailed business plans and considerations